Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Multiculturalism: Don't sing my song.

Statement: I didn’t like that commercial.  There were people singing in different languages.

What this means:

1. I’m a racist @SShole.

Or, possibly,


2.  We are becoming one culture. This is scary for me.  Not so much because I don’t like any other culture, but because it seems like if I am Caucasian I am not allowed to dislike any other part of any other culture or any person of any other race or culture without being called lots of names and having everything I say or do after that completely discounted.  At the same time, though, I don’t feel like I’m getting to keep the things, or be proud of the things, that make MY culture unique.  So I feel like I’m being put in an unfair situation.  This makes me angry.  And, as language is one of the primary identifiers of a different culture, I’m going to key in on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment